About the Role
Terra Consultants have a position for a Senior Level Planner to join the team in our Central Auckland office. We are a friendly and busy consultancy that offers a supportive environment for a Planner to contribute to a range of exciting and complex land development projects, with opportunities to grow your skill base and role within the consultancy. We are currently involved in several large-scale residential development proposals, as well as a range of other work in both the wider Auckland area, Northland, and Central North Island Regions.
Benefits and perks
• Flexible working arrangements - work/life balance
• An appealing salary to the right candidate;
• Our goal is for the enhancement of the skills and abilities of each individual employee; We commit to 3% of annual salary towards training and CBD courses;
• Work towards full project autonomy and coordination;
• Opportunity to work on a full spectrum of private consenting projects from planning feasibilities, infill and greenfield residential, commercial, industrial and regional consenting.
Your ideal experience and attributes include:
· Our ideal candidate has experience in a consulting environment and design knowledge
· A minimum of 5 years planning experience in New Zealand Resource Management;
· Bachelor of Planning (or equivalent)[A1] ;
· Member of New Zealand Institute of Planning (or ability to gain membership);
· A sound understanding of the Resource Management Act and the resource consent process;
· An understanding of Structure Planning and Plan Change processes would be advantageous;
· Experience in presenting evidence to Councils and Environmental Court would be helpful;
· Interested in working holistically across a land development project with other in-house disciplines;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What a typical day would look like:
You will report to our planning manager in our Auckland office and will have the opportunity to work closely with senior members of staff;
You will be well-supported by an expert planning manager and a phenomenal planning team;
You will work closely with other disciplines in-house and across our three offices to deliver projects for our clients.
About the Company
Terra Consultants is one of New Zealand’s leading multidisciplinary land development consultancies working primarily in the planning, analysis, consenting, design and implementation of large-scale residential, commercial and infrastructural projects. Our cutting-edge talented team of experts have been bringing our clients success for over two decades. We are all about developing our people’s skills so that together with our Clients we are “Building better environments for a better future.”
With a healthy pipeline of projects, we’re looking to welcome someone who is seeking the next step up in their managerial career. It is our hope that you will grow into your role as an integral, valued, and important member of the senior management team.
Our ideal candidate will have a customer-centric approach as a consultancy manager.
About the business
Terra Consultants is a nationwide, multidisciplinary consultancy. Our projects are undertaken by a combination of different experts from various disciplines working together to achieve a common goal. In-house services offered to our clients include; Project Management, Planning, Surveying, Structural Engineering, Civil and Construction Engineering, Urban Design, and Architecture.
We are a friendly and busy consultancy that offers a range of exciting and complex land development projects, with opportunities to grow your skill base and role within the consultancy. We presently have a significant amount of committed forward work in all development sectors with an incredibly diverse range of project types and scale, with infill residential development being one of our specialties. We are currently involved in several large-scale integrated housing developments as well as a range of other works in the wider Auckland area, Northland, Central North Island and Canterbury Regions.