Mercy Ascot -98 Mountain Road
Mercy Ascot, one of New Zealand’s leading private healthcare providers, has unveiled plans for the most significant and transformative expansion projects yet in its proud 120-year history. Mercy Ascot is New Zealand’s largest private hospital and provides comprehensive surgical and medical services from its two Auckland sites - Ascot Integrated Hospital on Greenlane Road East, Remuera, and Mercy Integrated Hospital on Mountain Road, Epsom.
The three-year hospital wing project, which has been granted resource consent from Auckland Council, promises to deliver an innovative, world-class, private hospital campus within the existing boundaries of the Mercy Hospital site on Mountain Road, Epsom. Planned additional upgrades of existing buildings and grounds will complement the new wing and deliver a high-quality experience for patients, visitors, and staff now and into the future.
Terra Consultants has been engaged by John Filmore Construction to support the redevelopment which will take place over the next three years, and will include:
1. Deconstructing one of our older wards in the Stella Maris building, followed by site excavation and piling work
2. Widening the Auckland Radiology Oncology (ARO) driveway that leads to Almorah Rd, to provide safe access for Ambulance and emergency vehicles
3. Construction of the new hospital wing, which is expected to begin in early 2022 and be operational in 2024
The new layout means patients can now drive directly up the ramp of the new car parking building from the new entrance to the dedicated patient parking. Patients and visitors can enter reception from here. Disabled parking is also on this level.
Terra’s work has involved the following activities:
1. Check design and for-construction drawings
2. Design and Installation of Survey Control Mark
3. Piling, Building and Foundation Setout
4. Gridline and RL Setout
5. As-built Underground Services
6. Topographic surveys
7. Handover As-built Plans
98 Mountain Road, Epsom